I am a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Connecticut interested in international historical sociology and critical theory. I am working on a paper on the ‘uneven and combined development of the Indonesian National Revolution’, and another on the ‘creolization of Novalis’ poetic state in Mao’s cultural revolution’. I have published on Samir Amin’s theory of delinking and Indonesia’s 1965 anti-communist massacres. Please see the left-hand tabs and my CV for more!
- Theodra, J. (2021) Wrestling with the devil: a prison memoir, Review of African Political Economy, DOI: 10.1080/03056244.2021.1860344
- Theodra, J. (2020). Review: Only People Make Their Own History, Samir Amin. Theory and Struggle. 121.
- Theodra, J. (2019). Audacity and Acuity: The Life and Work of Samir Amin. International Critical Thought. 9(4). 617-633.
- Theodra, J. (2019). Indonesia 1965, Half a Century Later. Monthly Review. 71(7). 55-57
- Theodra, J. (2021). Engels at 200: The Torch Still Burns. Fight Racism Fight Imperialism.
- Theodra, J. (2020, August 20). Books: Message from one crisis generation to another. Morning Star. Retrieved from https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/c/message-one-crisis-generation-anothe